Go ahead and find the song on your iPod. If you don't know it (Wiki or Sound Clip).
What can I say? It has been a long couple of weeks. Lots of work... Lots of stress. Not enough sleep. And today... just a long day. I needed to get out and had no idea how badly So much in fact that tonight I just put everything I needed to do away and took the GF out for dinner. We didn't have plans, but when she got here we decided to put the top down in the Mustang and just take off for a little while. Given that she put the decision regarding our destination in my hands, I of course chose one of my fav restaurants... Well... second fav since Sonio's was closed.
We ended up at the RoadRunner near my house. The restaurant was pretty full, but I noticed as we walked in that almost all the seats on the patio were available. With a shrug by the hostess, he lead us out the door and was probably thinking that we were insane since it is July in Vegas. But tonight we were lucky... It wasn't hot at all and there was a perfect summer breeze (see links above) blowing just the right amount to keep us cool without being annoying. With the first sip of my Mojito, I felt all the stress of the preceding weeks leaving my body.
After we ate, neither of us were ready to leave. We just sat sipping our drinks moving between stories of our youth and comfortable silence. I never thought I could be that content or comfortable. The waitress was there when we needed her and gone when we didn't. As we sat enjoying the company and the atmosphere it felt like we could have stayed forever... and had it been a weekend evening they would have had to kick us out when they closed.
Back in the car with the top down I took the long way home... the way that lead us across the top of a ridge on the far northwest of the valley and as per usual... we were both stunned silent for a few minutes at the beauty of the city below us. Even though it felt wrong to do so, we headed back to the house. While work may come early tomorrow, it is nights like this that make it all worth it.
--C
What can I say? It has been a long couple of weeks. Lots of work... Lots of stress. Not enough sleep. And today... just a long day. I needed to get out and had no idea how badly So much in fact that tonight I just put everything I needed to do away and took the GF out for dinner. We didn't have plans, but when she got here we decided to put the top down in the Mustang and just take off for a little while. Given that she put the decision regarding our destination in my hands, I of course chose one of my fav restaurants... Well... second fav since Sonio's was closed.
We ended up at the RoadRunner near my house. The restaurant was pretty full, but I noticed as we walked in that almost all the seats on the patio were available. With a shrug by the hostess, he lead us out the door and was probably thinking that we were insane since it is July in Vegas. But tonight we were lucky... It wasn't hot at all and there was a perfect summer breeze (see links above) blowing just the right amount to keep us cool without being annoying. With the first sip of my Mojito, I felt all the stress of the preceding weeks leaving my body.
After we ate, neither of us were ready to leave. We just sat sipping our drinks moving between stories of our youth and comfortable silence. I never thought I could be that content or comfortable. The waitress was there when we needed her and gone when we didn't. As we sat enjoying the company and the atmosphere it felt like we could have stayed forever... and had it been a weekend evening they would have had to kick us out when they closed.
Back in the car with the top down I took the long way home... the way that lead us across the top of a ridge on the far northwest of the valley and as per usual... we were both stunned silent for a few minutes at the beauty of the city below us. Even though it felt wrong to do so, we headed back to the house. While work may come early tomorrow, it is nights like this that make it all worth it.
--C
Comments