I don't know how many times I have driven by this place without giving it a second thought, but I am pretty sure it is more than three times. Had never really thought much about it, but over the last couple of months several people have recommended a dinner show they have there called "Marriage Can Be Murder". Outside of the obvious horrible messages this name can send if you are seeing it with a "new relationship" person... I decided to to offer it up as a suggestion to the GF. After an initial look of confusion followed by what I am sure was a just awful explanation of what dinner theater is... she was game. I bought tickets and we were good to go.Friday evening rolled around and we got all dressed up for what we hoped would be a fun show. We were not disappointed. The location and the appearance of the restaurant (The Egg and I) were nothing special. Not a huge place and we were all packed in there fairly tight... But other than that it was super fun! Oh... also... the food was "ok", but let's be honest... We weren't there for the cuisine.
Things started out with our hostess (who was amazing by the way...) introducing herself and explaining what we were in for. She spent the better part of a half hour walking around talking to the audience. Heckling all of us (good natured). Drafting some of us to take part in the show... and basically just getting everybody relaxed and ready. I should take a moment to say that if you are one of those people who do not enjoy audience participation type shows, this one IS NOT for you. Everybody was involved at some point.
Basically as you eat, the show happens around you. Cast members are interspersed through out the audience and for all you know the person sitting next to you can end up murdered at any minute. It really was fun and when everything was winding down, I was actually pretty sad it was over. Neither GF or I had any clue who the murderer was or what the motive was, but it didn't matter. It was just plain fun. The show changes every 8 weeks and I can't wait to go back again.
If you are near Sahara and Decatur and are looking for something to do... Check out this show. You won't be sorry. You might be murdered... but you won't be sorry. :-)
--C
Comments