A big day...

Tomorrow is the first time what I hope will be my permanent maid service will be coming to my house. And I NEED it... badly. It isn't that a layer of filth has formed over the whole house or anything like that, but I have been here since late September and a good cleaning is in order.

Tomorrow I will be meeting them here around noon for the estimate, and unless their price is just outrageous they will be staying to clean. By the time I get back from working on with GF, my house will be clean. I really can't wait. Of course that means I am going to spend the next 30 minutes picking up around the house in preparation for the maids... but I guess that is my Mom's influence shining through... Why fight it?

Before you ask... Yes... they are insured... licensed... and bonded. As soon as I EVER mention a maid service, that seems to be when everybody feels the need to share some horror story someone they know had with a cleaning service. If you also feel that urge, please go tell someone else. It isn't going to change my mind, and you are just going to irritate me. Yes, crooks do exist in this business... but you know what? They exist in all businesses. I gave up trying to live my life scared all the time many years ago. This is why you pay for insurance. If by some stretch of the imagination, I come home and all my stuff is gone... Eh... I go get new stuff. It's just stuff.

Of course... that being said. I have hidden my valuables... so well in fact, I am not sure where they are. If I can't find them... damn maids. :-)

--C
PS: Luke... I am not complaining about you telling me about your Aunt's problems with a maid service.

Comments

Russell said…
We obtained the same service a few months ago from a trusted source and haven't looked back since. Best money we spend each month.
Lucy Dee said…
A little late for Spring Cleaning, no? Cleaning must be in the air this weekend because I just spend a bunch of hours cleaning my pad, too. Though I'm not sure I'd invest in a cleaning service. (That's my mother's influence shinning through.)

Nice to come across your blog! Keep 'em coming!
Anonymous said…
" By the time I get back from working on with GF, my house will be clean. I really can't wait. "


I don't know what this means exactly, but could we keep this thing g-rated for the kiddies?