I am not saying "every" 4th should be like this, but today worked out really well. It started off with my alarm at 4:50 in the f****** morning. But... I find it much easier to get up in the morning if I know I am playing golf rather than working.
Details about the golf outing are not going to be included in this post... or any other future post. The course was beautiful, but HHAARRDD!! You gotta have a lot of balls to play Badlands. I will say this though... the course conditions were outstanding. The service could not have been better. Air conditioners on the cart were an outstanding perk... And the houses on the course... Good lord were there some houses out there. One was 30,000 square feet... and the only reason we knew that is because somebody knew the owner of the house... Or more to the point they know who the owner was. I digress... I would very much like to play this course again after a couple weeks of hitting the range every day.
After golf and some quality time on the sofa with the remote, Aaron and I changed the battery in his Jeep. Is there anything more American than drinking Coors Light while working on a car in the afternoon sun? I guess we could have had one of the neighbor kids waving a flag at the end of the driveway, but outside of that... Happy to say that the Jeep started right up the first time when we were done... Sure... changing a battery isn't that difficult, but you never know.
A little later another friend came over and we grabbed a quick dinner at one of the few places that still says f*** you to the smoking ban. Don't get me started on the govt telling private business owners how they can run their bar/restaurant. If you don't like smoke... go to a non-smoking restaurant!
Moving on...
After dinner we just hung out on the back porch waiting for the sun to go down. When it finally did we met up with my brother at the top of a big hill near my house. We all got into the bed of my truck and watched ALL the fireworks in Vegas. Just outstanding. I would have taken a picture, but I am not capable of taking one that would do the scene justice. Actually... here is a picture of the spot during the day.

We all talked... we laughed... It was just perfectly relaxing. What a holiday should be. After about an hour the fireworks were still going strong, but three of us have work tomorrow and Aaron has to hop a plane to somewhere in Texas for a few days. Basically that translates to early call times tomorrow. We headed home.
I am not saying I want every holiday to follow this script, but I do hope to end each of them feeling as content as I do now. Happy 4th of July!
--C
Details about the golf outing are not going to be included in this post... or any other future post. The course was beautiful, but HHAARRDD!! You gotta have a lot of balls to play Badlands. I will say this though... the course conditions were outstanding. The service could not have been better. Air conditioners on the cart were an outstanding perk... And the houses on the course... Good lord were there some houses out there. One was 30,000 square feet... and the only reason we knew that is because somebody knew the owner of the house... Or more to the point they know who the owner was. I digress... I would very much like to play this course again after a couple weeks of hitting the range every day.
After golf and some quality time on the sofa with the remote, Aaron and I changed the battery in his Jeep. Is there anything more American than drinking Coors Light while working on a car in the afternoon sun? I guess we could have had one of the neighbor kids waving a flag at the end of the driveway, but outside of that... Happy to say that the Jeep started right up the first time when we were done... Sure... changing a battery isn't that difficult, but you never know.
A little later another friend came over and we grabbed a quick dinner at one of the few places that still says f*** you to the smoking ban. Don't get me started on the govt telling private business owners how they can run their bar/restaurant. If you don't like smoke... go to a non-smoking restaurant!
Moving on...
After dinner we just hung out on the back porch waiting for the sun to go down. When it finally did we met up with my brother at the top of a big hill near my house. We all got into the bed of my truck and watched ALL the fireworks in Vegas. Just outstanding. I would have taken a picture, but I am not capable of taking one that would do the scene justice. Actually... here is a picture of the spot during the day.

We all talked... we laughed... It was just perfectly relaxing. What a holiday should be. After about an hour the fireworks were still going strong, but three of us have work tomorrow and Aaron has to hop a plane to somewhere in Texas for a few days. Basically that translates to early call times tomorrow. We headed home.
I am not saying I want every holiday to follow this script, but I do hope to end each of them feeling as content as I do now. Happy 4th of July!
--C
Comments