Vacation Blog - Day 4... Monday...

With several hectic days and already 45 holes of golf under my belt, Monday was finally a day to relax. I slept in until I woke up naturally, and took my time in the morning not really doing anything outside of grabbing some breakfast and reading my book. With Danny and Toni at work and Little Danny still sleeping I was pretty much left alone with my thoughts for a while. I guess it was around 11 when Danny stopped by the house to pick me good. Fortunately "me" time was starting to get boring, so I was ready to go. We stopped by the office so I could see where he worked as well as check my email real quick. Holy mother of God, I had 1200 emails in just a few days! I made a mental note to try to get back there at least once before I flew home. Outside of a couple emails from friends new and old, nothing important that couldn't wait until I got back. Killed the spam and logged off.

By then, it was time for lunch. My mouth was watering with the prospect of some more southern cooking. Danny took me to this little place (Don't remember the name) on the side of the highway. It was a bar on one side, restaurant on the other. There were 5 people there. We were two, and I think three others worked there. (Do the math) So our service was outstanding. And my country fried steak still makes my mouth water when I think about it. The full meal was this: Sweet Tea, Country Fried Steak, Fried Okra, Butter with a side of toast, butter with a side of mashed taters, and a slice of chocolate chocolate chocolate (etc) cake. Heaven.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Danny as he checked the progress of some of the houses they had built... checking the office again... A nap... Great dinner with the fam... Playing with the kids... A few drinks, and off to bed. While this might have been one of the more uneventful days of my vacation, it was also one of my favorites.

As it would turn out, the extra rest I got this day would be necessary later in the week.

--C

Comments