I need a new title...

Since I first saw the preview for the upcoming ping pong movie called "Balls of Fury", I find myself using this phrase over and over and over and over again. I want to call everything "____ of fury". I really need a new title.

Tonight I would call my post "Balls of fury" but because this movie has taken that name I can't. It was bowling night tonight. Every week thus far my average has gone up and up and up. Not by a lot every week, but I seem to always beat my three game average. It seems that is how it is supposed to work. Tonight was no different. In the first game, our team was ON FIRE. Three out of the four of us bowled 200 or better. (Yes... I am included in that group.) The next two games weren't as good for me, but I was well over my 161 average which felt good.

By the beginning of the last game I couldn't buy a strike. It was looking to be pretty ugly. So what did I do? Out of frustration I just started screwing around. Lining up all the way to the left and bowling a really slow hook. My ball would head out to the right and dance over the gutter before cutting back in to give me a strike. It happened time and time again. I couldn't believe it and every time it happened I just had to laugh. It was a fun game. I ended up in the 170s for the game. I don't remember the exact score. But I was labeled a big hooker for the evening. Don't judge.

We had won our first two games and the last one came down to the last bowlers for both teams. Our captain failed to pick up her spare, and the other team captain could tie us if he finished with a strike. It was silent as his ball (shut up) hooked (shut up) towards the pins. It looked perfect. When everything was done, there was one solitary pin left standing. We won the third game by 1 pin. I never realized bowling could be that exciting.

We started the night in second place, but with our complete win tonight I think there is a good chance we might move into first. Go team!

--C

Comments

Anonymous said…
How about, "the captain just missed picking up her spare, a dreaded 6, 7, 10 split."
Chris said…
Wow... How could I leave that out?!?! Yes... my super-star (not kidding) outstanding captain was *this close* to picking up the split.. And that is a hard split to pick up. I know. I picked one up several weeks back (grin). Seriously... She is great. The rock of our team. The glue that holds us together. The purchaser of beer. We dig her a lot.

--C
Anonymous said…
Let it to the "Women"