Frustration continues...

It was a beautiful day outside and since pretty much every part of my body was sore from all the exercise this week (see my other blog), I thought finishing the week with a round of golf after work seemed in order. It was either that or go get a massage. Since I have no way of knowing which massage places are the ones that actually give you a massage and which ones... um... "don't"... I decided golf was a safer bet. I was going to leave at four today and there is a course shoutin' distance from where I work, so I figured I could get in at least 9 holes. Aaron was up for it, so I booked us a tee time for 4:45. When I was informed the cost was only $14.00 each (and that is riding) I should have been a little worried about the course.

We pulled into the parking lot at about the same time and managed to hit some balls on the driving range as a warm up. We paid, grabbed a cart, and headed off to the first tee. It was all downhill for me from there. My game was so bad, that I quit even keeping score after about the 4th hole. I would have a monster drive right down the center of the fairway and then it was all $h1t. My game used to be the opposite. I would be all over the place with my driver, but then all my irons were like money in the bank. As soon as I fixed my slice with my driver, the rest of my game went to hell. It was frustrating. Aaron, on the other hand, had a great front 9. At least one of us was playing well. Fortunately we are not super competitive with each other, so it was fun to watch him have a good 9 holes.


After the turn, we just started goofing off. Nobody was behind us, so we would hit four or five balls off the tee just to see how far we could go. If it wasn't for a well placed palm tree, I am pretty sure one of the balls would have been down the middle of a very busy road. Whoops! I think we made it to about hole 15 before it got just too dark. Hopefully I worked out all my bad shots today so my game tomorrow will be better. I can't really see it getting any worse.


We played at the Las Vegas Golf Club. I guess it is an "ok" course, but the upkeep leaves a lot to be desired. The fairway grass was like very very very very short grass on top of a hard dirt base. If you hit it on the fairway, it was very hard to get under the ball with your iron. My best iron shots were definitely from the rough. There at least you had some grass under the ball. But... for $14.00, I guess I can't complain too much.


Hopefully my blog post tomorrow night will be about a hole in one, or at least a game in the 80s. Wish me luck!


--C

Comments

Oob said…
That stinks about the upkeep. Have any shots where your iron hits just a tad too much dirt and not enough grass? OUCH! Hate that.