The day started off well. Waking up was a little more difficult that I would have liked it to be, but I like to maximize my awake time on my days off. After breakfast I spent some time going over my mail with a couple (3) cups of coffee waiting for breakfast to digest. As soon as it had, I was off to the gym. Good cardio day. In... out... done. (shutup)
After that I had just enough time to get home, make some lunch, take a shower, and head off to meet my buddy for the season's first round of golf. We planned on playing next weekend (still are), but with the temperature in the 60s today neither of us could wait. It wasn't my best round of golf, but not my worst. Had a double par on 6, but a birdie on 2. Ended up 10 over par. No complaints. BTW... this was a par 3 course. If I shot just 10 over par on a regular course, that would have been the title of this entry.
For those of you who are familiar with Vegas, I played the "Divine 9" course on Las Vegas Blvd just south of the airport. It is a course with lights so I normally end up playing there at night, but today we hit it at 2:30. Apparently we were not the only ones with this idea. The course was packed and we had to wait after EVERY hole. But it felt good to be out there, so no complaints. Having people watch me tee off was a new thing. I don't think I like it. The other odd thing today was that because of the wind direction (and it was windy), all the plains coming into land were dropping right over the course. Every 5 minutes a huge plane would be about 500 feet over your head. The runway is *just* on the other side of the course. It was a tremendous distraction. But I guess if I could deal with that, they single guy who just had his wife leave him, the guy's rambunctious kid, and the group two behind us with horrible aim, I figure I can play in any environment.
First time out this year... 747s every few minutes... Lonely guy talking our ear off... His kid sticking his tongue out at us... And I still shot 10 over... Pretty good in my book. I want to go again tomorrow!
--C
After that I had just enough time to get home, make some lunch, take a shower, and head off to meet my buddy for the season's first round of golf. We planned on playing next weekend (still are), but with the temperature in the 60s today neither of us could wait. It wasn't my best round of golf, but not my worst. Had a double par on 6, but a birdie on 2. Ended up 10 over par. No complaints. BTW... this was a par 3 course. If I shot just 10 over par on a regular course, that would have been the title of this entry.
For those of you who are familiar with Vegas, I played the "Divine 9" course on Las Vegas Blvd just south of the airport. It is a course with lights so I normally end up playing there at night, but today we hit it at 2:30. Apparently we were not the only ones with this idea. The course was packed and we had to wait after EVERY hole. But it felt good to be out there, so no complaints. Having people watch me tee off was a new thing. I don't think I like it. The other odd thing today was that because of the wind direction (and it was windy), all the plains coming into land were dropping right over the course. Every 5 minutes a huge plane would be about 500 feet over your head. The runway is *just* on the other side of the course. It was a tremendous distraction. But I guess if I could deal with that, they single guy who just had his wife leave him, the guy's rambunctious kid, and the group two behind us with horrible aim, I figure I can play in any environment.
First time out this year... 747s every few minutes... Lonely guy talking our ear off... His kid sticking his tongue out at us... And I still shot 10 over... Pretty good in my book. I want to go again tomorrow!
--C
Comments