Tonight I once again experienced a perk of living in Vegas. I got an email about a week or so from a long lost friend who we shall refer to as "Andy". We marched together at UGA and even pledged a fraternity together. Ok... we didn't pledg "teogether"... that just sounds weird. But we were in the same pledge class. So... now just leave it!
...
Anyway, he and his wife were going to be in town this week and they wanted to get together for dinner. We tried to get together last night, but things just didn't work out, but today we met for dinner at the House of Blues. Food was good... nothing to write home about, but damn it was nice to catch up with an old friend... and have an opportunity meet his wife. Turns out we grew up in the same town, although she is a smidge younger than me.
The reason I say this is a perk of living in Vegas... Andy and I were friends, but not so much so that we would ever have made the effort to reconnect for a meal and a side of good memories. (sorry about that one) But since I live in one of the largest tourist destinations, I have this kind of thing happen far more often than if I lived in Seatlle or Nebraska. Everybody loves to come to Vegas... Especially if they get to see me! At least... that is what my Mom told me. :-)
Andy... Good to see you... Hope it happens again a little sooner than 10 years down the road.
--C
...
Anyway, he and his wife were going to be in town this week and they wanted to get together for dinner. We tried to get together last night, but things just didn't work out, but today we met for dinner at the House of Blues. Food was good... nothing to write home about, but damn it was nice to catch up with an old friend... and have an opportunity meet his wife. Turns out we grew up in the same town, although she is a smidge younger than me.
The reason I say this is a perk of living in Vegas... Andy and I were friends, but not so much so that we would ever have made the effort to reconnect for a meal and a side of good memories. (sorry about that one) But since I live in one of the largest tourist destinations, I have this kind of thing happen far more often than if I lived in Seatlle or Nebraska. Everybody loves to come to Vegas... Especially if they get to see me! At least... that is what my Mom told me. :-)
Andy... Good to see you... Hope it happens again a little sooner than 10 years down the road.
--C
Comments