Crapitol One...

If I chose my credit cards based on the persistence of the providers, every card in my wallet would be from Crapitol One. But... too bad for them, that isn't my criteria. It has become a personal goal to figure out which non-descript envelopes are from this company. I swear they have tried EVERYTHING. Big 9x11 envelopes... Fed-ex type envelopes... small boxes... All full of materials trying to get me to try one of the cards. It has gotten to the point that even if they had a really good deal, I am not going to sign up with them on principle. I sit in wonder at the huge amounts of money this company has spent on unsolicited mail. I guess somebody signs up... just not going to be me.

Tonight was one of the more odd envelopes. It was kind of a thick envelope and when I opened it, there was just typical "GET OUR CREDIT CARD!" materials... But there was also a sheet of bubble wrap. Nothing in there could possible need bubble wrap. It was just paper forms. Why the f*** did they put bubble wrap in there?!?! I have to think their marketing people get high constantly to come up with these ideas. It is the only explanation I can come up with.

I can't believe I actually did a blog entry about this... Annoyance factor must be dangerously high.

--C

Comments

Oob said…
You should junk mail them back... take all the "no postage needed" reply envelopes and stuff them with their own correspondence. Mail away. Take it a step further and throw in your other junk mail too, like coupons and ads.

Who's evil? Not I.
Anonymous said…
I wish I got bubble wrap!!!

Actually, the above was a suggestion Courtney gave me because the Sierra Club sends me a THICK package every couple of months. I've ripped up their crap and written all over it, "TAKE ME OFF YOUR MAILING LIST" twice.

I'll report back if I get any more from them.