After the outstanding day I had yesterday, I figured today would be much more quiet. I was wrong.
It started off with my sleeping into the glorious time of 9:30. I could get used to the sun already being up before me. However, if this trend continues; 5am on Monday is going to be about three miles past suck. I stumbled downstairs and quickly noticed the house was already a little warmer than normal. Yep... temp inside was 78. I would have to break the seal on my new house's air conditioner today. Eventually it got up to 91. I prefer the 70s to heat like this in early March. That is even a little odd for here in Vegas. I think we broke a record today. Tomorrow is going to be more of the same with the projected high being 88. If it breaks 100 before the end of April, I am going to seriously consider relocating to somewhere on Mount Charleston.
After a little breakfast and an hour of two of solace paying bills in my office, I heard my roommates up and about. It was only 11:30... That is odd. ;-) With the temp as it would be today, we decided it was time to do a little yard work before it does get too hot. We stepped into the backyard to figure out what would have to be replaced. We had a good week where it got into the 20s at night and it seemed a few of the plants and trees died in the extreme cold. We were pleasantly surprised to discover new growth on everything. Only one little bush in the front didn't make it and that is probably because someone stepped on it. Not because of the week of sub-freezing temps at night.
As we headed off towards the garden section of Home Depot, Aaron and Mel announced that they were hungry for some breakfast. It was lunch time for me, so we took in a little Pizza joint near home depot. This wasn't the easiest place to eat healthy, but I managed to find something acceptable. Grilled chicken sandwich and a diet coke. I just tried not to look at Aaron's pizza dripping with grease until I was no longer hungry. I would love to switch metabolisms with that boy... a-hole!
We stocked up at home depot and headed home with the truck full. Put four pine trees in pots on the balcony off the master bedroom... A new Jasmine tree/bush in a pot under the patio. Replaced the dead little bush with a new aloe plant. And then I hand watered the backyard. Things were looking good until I looked at the clock and realized I was supposed to be at Larry and Oksana's house in like 15 minutes. Crap! A shower was not just needed, it was required.
Somehow I made it to their house only a few minutes late. We quickly said "hi" and headed off to dinner. For my birthday, they took me to Tides Oyster Bar and the food was INCREDIBLE! I didn't see the bill, but I think it was a bit pricey... Still... once in a while, this is a good place to go if you like seafood. The evening was still young, so we decided to take in a movie. Seeing 300 was a unanimous decision. The movie was gorgeous, but I really could have done with seeing less guys in bikinis. Oksana seemed to enjoy that though. Still lots of great scenery and outstanding battles. It had a little something for everyone. This is the kind of movie that almost makes me want to buy and HD DVD player.
After the movie, we headed back to their house where I retrieved my truck and drove the one block back to my house. And shut up about my driving one block. I was wearing nice shoes and I was in a hurry when I left for their house. I got home and saw that it was already 10. Where did the day go? It was a good day... just ended a little quickly.
Guess it is time for bed. Hope y'all are staying warm out there on the east coast. :-)
--C
It started off with my sleeping into the glorious time of 9:30. I could get used to the sun already being up before me. However, if this trend continues; 5am on Monday is going to be about three miles past suck. I stumbled downstairs and quickly noticed the house was already a little warmer than normal. Yep... temp inside was 78. I would have to break the seal on my new house's air conditioner today. Eventually it got up to 91. I prefer the 70s to heat like this in early March. That is even a little odd for here in Vegas. I think we broke a record today. Tomorrow is going to be more of the same with the projected high being 88. If it breaks 100 before the end of April, I am going to seriously consider relocating to somewhere on Mount Charleston.
After a little breakfast and an hour of two of solace paying bills in my office, I heard my roommates up and about. It was only 11:30... That is odd. ;-) With the temp as it would be today, we decided it was time to do a little yard work before it does get too hot. We stepped into the backyard to figure out what would have to be replaced. We had a good week where it got into the 20s at night and it seemed a few of the plants and trees died in the extreme cold. We were pleasantly surprised to discover new growth on everything. Only one little bush in the front didn't make it and that is probably because someone stepped on it. Not because of the week of sub-freezing temps at night.
As we headed off towards the garden section of Home Depot, Aaron and Mel announced that they were hungry for some breakfast. It was lunch time for me, so we took in a little Pizza joint near home depot. This wasn't the easiest place to eat healthy, but I managed to find something acceptable. Grilled chicken sandwich and a diet coke. I just tried not to look at Aaron's pizza dripping with grease until I was no longer hungry. I would love to switch metabolisms with that boy... a-hole!
We stocked up at home depot and headed home with the truck full. Put four pine trees in pots on the balcony off the master bedroom... A new Jasmine tree/bush in a pot under the patio. Replaced the dead little bush with a new aloe plant. And then I hand watered the backyard. Things were looking good until I looked at the clock and realized I was supposed to be at Larry and Oksana's house in like 15 minutes. Crap! A shower was not just needed, it was required.
Somehow I made it to their house only a few minutes late. We quickly said "hi" and headed off to dinner. For my birthday, they took me to Tides Oyster Bar and the food was INCREDIBLE! I didn't see the bill, but I think it was a bit pricey... Still... once in a while, this is a good place to go if you like seafood. The evening was still young, so we decided to take in a movie. Seeing 300 was a unanimous decision. The movie was gorgeous, but I really could have done with seeing less guys in bikinis. Oksana seemed to enjoy that though. Still lots of great scenery and outstanding battles. It had a little something for everyone. This is the kind of movie that almost makes me want to buy and HD DVD player.
After the movie, we headed back to their house where I retrieved my truck and drove the one block back to my house. And shut up about my driving one block. I was wearing nice shoes and I was in a hurry when I left for their house. I got home and saw that it was already 10. Where did the day go? It was a good day... just ended a little quickly.
Guess it is time for bed. Hope y'all are staying warm out there on the east coast. :-)
--C
Comments
Let's be business partners - I need me some land!
(P.S. They're giving free land away in Alaska. FYI)