Yeah... I'm going there...

My brother first passed this story along to me with a "Can you believe that?". I wanted to say I couldn't, but in all honesty I could.

If you watched the super bowl, I am sure you remember the Snicker's commercial that had two car mechanics accidentally kiss. And then... shock... they were upset by the fact that it happened. "The horror..." Well.... The Human Rights Campaign and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation both complained that the ad was homophobic and actually got the ad pulled.

If you accidentally (not a typical thing) kiss somebody you are not interested in, isn't there always kind of a strong "OH MY GOD" reaction? So it was two guys... Just added a little to the humor. They were horrified that they kissed each other... that that the kiss meant they were gay. I would have the same reaction if any of my co-workers (male or female) walked up and kissed me at work. Sigh... some groups really need to grow a little thicker skin.

Of course that is just my opinion...
--C
To view one of the press pieces, go here.

Comments