To continue with a depressing theme that judging by the comments, few people care about... More on the crime saga.
Today the charge for $2,089.99 against my corporate checking account finally cleared. When my card was stolen and this charge showed up, I was told I had to wait for it to clear before I could contest it. Oh... and this fraud department is only open from 9-5. That meant that part of my lunch time today was spent dealing with this. Most of my lunch actually.
After deftly navigating the automated phone block... er... I mean tree system, I had to speak with several people, and I had to tell my story EVERY time. Each time I got transferred, the next person was less and less pleasant until I finally ended up with somebody who absolutely had to be having a horrible day because I don't want to live in a world where people are this unpleasant every day. Once I finally had this person on the phone, she proceeded to crawl up my a$$ with a flashlight to confirm I was who I said I was. I swear I thought she was about to ask what the name of the first girl I kissed was. Towards the end of this little "getting to know you" session, I remarked at how ironic it was that I had to take these steps to contest a charge, but the a-holes who sole my card managed to get money without ID or a pin number. In a voice dripping with fake sincerity I was told that if I had a problem with the ease at which the money was dispensed I was to take it up with the company that dispensed the money.
After what seemed like years on the phone the final resolution was that the money would be credited back to my account and I would be receiving an affidavit I would need to sign and send back stating I did not authorize the transaction and in no way profited from it. Then special care was given to explain to me what lying on this form would mean. It felt like Spank of America was trying to imply I had done something wrong here. "How dare you let this happen Chris?! You may not have to pay the money, but in our's and God's eyes this is your fault."
After I hung up the phone I cursed under my breath for not thinking to get this person's name and employee identification number so I could complain. I was not happy. So I went outside to call Mom. She wasn't home. :-( Don't worry though... we talked later and she made it all better. I wouldn't be surprised if I get cookies in the mail soon.
--C
Today the charge for $2,089.99 against my corporate checking account finally cleared. When my card was stolen and this charge showed up, I was told I had to wait for it to clear before I could contest it. Oh... and this fraud department is only open from 9-5. That meant that part of my lunch time today was spent dealing with this. Most of my lunch actually.
After deftly navigating the automated phone block... er... I mean tree system, I had to speak with several people, and I had to tell my story EVERY time. Each time I got transferred, the next person was less and less pleasant until I finally ended up with somebody who absolutely had to be having a horrible day because I don't want to live in a world where people are this unpleasant every day. Once I finally had this person on the phone, she proceeded to crawl up my a$$ with a flashlight to confirm I was who I said I was. I swear I thought she was about to ask what the name of the first girl I kissed was. Towards the end of this little "getting to know you" session, I remarked at how ironic it was that I had to take these steps to contest a charge, but the a-holes who sole my card managed to get money without ID or a pin number. In a voice dripping with fake sincerity I was told that if I had a problem with the ease at which the money was dispensed I was to take it up with the company that dispensed the money.
After what seemed like years on the phone the final resolution was that the money would be credited back to my account and I would be receiving an affidavit I would need to sign and send back stating I did not authorize the transaction and in no way profited from it. Then special care was given to explain to me what lying on this form would mean. It felt like Spank of America was trying to imply I had done something wrong here. "How dare you let this happen Chris?! You may not have to pay the money, but in our's and God's eyes this is your fault."
After I hung up the phone I cursed under my breath for not thinking to get this person's name and employee identification number so I could complain. I was not happy. So I went outside to call Mom. She wasn't home. :-( Don't worry though... we talked later and she made it all better. I wouldn't be surprised if I get cookies in the mail soon.
--C
Comments
I'll bet Steve Spurrier owns Bank of America stock.
Cookies should fix things right up.
Sorry you had a nasty experience, and hey! Share those cookies!!!