No thanks...

I am not a huge fan of the NBA, but last week I did think it was kinda cool that a professional sporting event was going to be held here in Vegas. Most sports get all hinky about coming here due to the gambling, but with our Mayor hoping for a professional team of some sort, this looked like a good first step.

After a weekend of high crime and inconvenience I really hope it isn't the NBA that chooses to put a franchise here. Click here for details on the crime. You know, all year a tremendous amount of people visit our little city for conventions, NFR, CES, New Year's, etc etc etc. This was just one basketball game and we actually had multiple night clubs getting shut down. That just doesn't happen here unless things get really bad. I personally have spoken to a few folks who made the mistake of going to some local malls over the weekend. It was even a scary crowd there.

I am not saying I don't want a sports franchise here, I am just saying "no thanks" to the NBA until some of the perceived attitude of their fans is adjusted. Of course... I don't see Oscar ringing me up for my opinion.

--C

Comments

Anonymous said…
I took the kids to the MGM to see the lions. Luckily it wasn't the night of the parking lot shooting, but I was TERRIFIED. How would I have explained that if something had happened to them?!