Year in review...

After seeing some of the posts on others' blogs, I started to do one of those "year in review" blog entries, but you know what? This year wasn't that exciting in all the ways that I would like to write about. Yes, there was some personal growth. (shut up) I did do a major upgrade on the house. I did replace my truck. I saw some good friends. Didn't get to see others. Been with some friends though good times and bad.... But things to write about? Eh... Not that much. Life is good... My house is good... My job is good... My family is healthy... My friends are healthy... Did I find a cure for cancer? Did I run a triathalon? Did I get married? Did I have a kid? No. no. no. no.

So when you finish a year where everything went pretty damn well, but nothing all that exciting happened... What do you think about it? As I was writing my little EOY blog, I started feeling a little depressed wondering where the year went and what in the hell I did with it. It wasn't until I started remembering the little things that I started to smile.

So to those of you who have had major life altering events this year. I applaud you for the courage to take on the challenges. I wish you all well and the best of luck in years to come. For those who have had a good year like me... I tell you to remember the little things and remember to be happy about them.

As is inevitable when thinking about the year that has just finished, you turn to look down the road of the year to come. What will it bring? Who will you meet? Who will you loose? Who will you be glad to be rid of? I don't know. This year will be bringing some major changes to my life... Changes that I can't write about here. Or at least, can't write about now. Changes that are a little scary and very exiting. Will they work out the way I hope? Will I find myself writing next year thanking the good lord I made it through as well as I did? Again... I just don't know. The year that just past was the time putting all the ingredients in the pot. This year will be when I find out if it turns out or if it scalds all those with me in the kitchen. However, I am a pretty damn good cook, so I am looking forward with my head held high and an optimistic twinkle in my eye.

While it is better late than never... Happy New Year!

--C

Comments