Were those roses?...

I feel like I am in a car traveling 100mph down the freeway and wondering when I am going to get to stop and smell the roses. Don't get me wrong... I am happy to be busy and happy having a lot going on. I just wonder if/when it will slow up a bit so I can do some of the things that take a little more time. Like play golf. Or just drive randomly out into the dessert to take some pictures. I think I need a vacation.

I should have left for work about 10 minutes ago but my alarm clock lost the battle with my will to sleep this morning. I will still be in by the time everybody (except maybe Luke) gets to the office. After not sleeping well the past 3-4 nights I guess I just needed that extra hour. I have to say... I do feel better this morning than I have in recent mornings. That's good.

It could be I am putting off what I am going to have to work on at the office today. For the geeks out there, I am writing a C-Shell cron job that does a bunch of SQL*Loader calls and for some reason Oracle is not getting the info the cron job is sending. It really has me scratching my head. I am not looking forward to living another day in the UNIX world.

House guests will be here tomorrow for the weekend and the house is in great need of some TLC to make it presentable. I am guessing that will be what A and I do tonight and in the morning. Then it is time for us men to fry up some Turkey and drink beer while the other food is prepared. Hmm... I guess you could call that taking time to smell the roses... Or turkey I guess in this case. I am looking forward to tomorrow. It should be nice.

Ok... Off to the shower and then to work. Happy Thanksgiving if I don't make another post tomorrow!

--C

Comments