Three day weekend coming to a close...

What a weekend! Normally at the tail end of a three day weekend I sit and wonder where all the time went. Not this weekend. Enough happened that it feels like I had a week off. Not that I am so well rested, but just by virtue of everything that happened.

I will summarize the high points below before I go to bed.
  • My Expedition that I have had for six years was starting to get a little long in the tooth. 108,000 miles and things were starting to go wrong a little too often for my taste. I feared that I would quickly put more money into it than it was worth. With that in mind I went shopping for a new secondary mode of transportation. I drive the Mustang on most days, but after having an urban assault vehicle (SUV) for so long (and a pickup before it)... I just could not imagine living without a vehicle I could haul stuff in. I was looking for a 3-4 year old Tahoe or Yukon. I liked the Expedition, but was ready for something different. Long story short, I found a slightly used 2006 Chevy Silverado for a price that I was willing to put into a 3-4 year old SUV. I love it! Yeah me!
  • My landscaping has progressed very well. The rock and pave stone still needs to be put in, but all the plants, trees, irrigation, and lights are in. I wish the trees were a little bigger, but given the difference in price I can wait for them to grow a little. The other stuff will be completed next Saturday.
  • My blinds will FINALLY be installed sometime next week. I can't wait to take down the temporary paper blinds.
  • Because I have always seen a formal living room as a waste of space, I bought an 8 foot pool table with some chairs for that room. I REALLY can't wait for that to get delivered, but unfortunately it won't be here until December 12th.
  • After a month of back and forth with the builder as well as the flooring company that did my floors, Aaron and I put on our carpenter hats and trimmed all 10 of the closet doors and got them installed. This was a monumental pain in the a$$, but I feel soooooo much better now that it is done.
  • Oh yeah... GO DAWGS!
  • Hmmm... Yeah. Guess that's about it. :-0)
--C

Comments

Oob said…
Congrats on all your hard-earned rewards! :)
No Mas said…
You will get good miles out of that Chevy! I love mine. Even better is my 1984 BMW with 150,000 miles!
Chris said…
oob: Thanks!
nomas: 150k miles?! Nice! My two Mustangs are currently giving me the silent treatment for buying a Chevy. ;-)