Along with some new roommates, I am also getting some new pets. I already have two cats of my own, but A and M are bringing a dog and a cat with them also.
Until yesterday I was more concerned about introducing the dog (Slick) into the mix because my cats have never seen a dog. I am sure they will be traumatized. After all, the new cat (Angel) was from the same litter as my cats (Spike and Willow). Figured they would just immediately co-exist.
I was wrong.
The first night the Angel was brought over, we kept him in the big cat carrier in an effort to introduce the cats without them being able to fight with each other. That seemed fine, but when Angel was released "into the wild that is my house", all hell broke loose. Constant hissing, spitting, chasing, fighting... CONSTANT.
This morning it seemed a bit better. Angel and Spike were both eating out of the same dish for about 20 seconds until they realized who was standing next to them. They both stopped eating at the same time. Slowly lifted their heads at the same time. Slowly turned to each other.... Then hissed at the same time an ran away in different directions. It really was pretty damn cute.
I figure maybe two more days before they are all friends. Willow just seems to ignore the fighting and follows me around in the hopes that I will pet her.... "Sigh....women..."
In other news... my landscaping should be done tonight!!!! Can't wait.
--C
PS: I apologize for another cat-centric post. Just nothing else blogworthy it seems.
Until yesterday I was more concerned about introducing the dog (Slick) into the mix because my cats have never seen a dog. I am sure they will be traumatized. After all, the new cat (Angel) was from the same litter as my cats (Spike and Willow). Figured they would just immediately co-exist.
I was wrong.
The first night the Angel was brought over, we kept him in the big cat carrier in an effort to introduce the cats without them being able to fight with each other. That seemed fine, but when Angel was released "into the wild that is my house", all hell broke loose. Constant hissing, spitting, chasing, fighting... CONSTANT.
This morning it seemed a bit better. Angel and Spike were both eating out of the same dish for about 20 seconds until they realized who was standing next to them. They both stopped eating at the same time. Slowly lifted their heads at the same time. Slowly turned to each other.... Then hissed at the same time an ran away in different directions. It really was pretty damn cute.
I figure maybe two more days before they are all friends. Willow just seems to ignore the fighting and follows me around in the hopes that I will pet her.... "Sigh....women..."
In other news... my landscaping should be done tonight!!!! Can't wait.
--C
PS: I apologize for another cat-centric post. Just nothing else blogworthy it seems.
Comments
Feliway and can vouch for it.