More one liners...

Nothing concrete to write about tonight so just some short thoughts that I want out of my head.
  • The first time I heard "Afternoon Delight" I was just a kid. I thought they were talking about cake.
  • I guess I was in a hurry to get to work this morning because I actually drifted around a turn. Steered into it and everything. Let's just say I was awake by the time I got to the office.
  • I checked and new tires for my Mustang are e x p e n s i v e.
  • All week the weather is supposed to be 72. This might be my favorite time of year here.
  • Why do I have trouble throwing away power adapters for things? I have a drawer full of ones that I have NO IDEA what they go to.
  • I am very thankful the elections will be over soon. The political mud slinging here in Vegas seems to be worse than other parts of the country.
  • I work with two guys that did something this week that make me proud to say I know them.
  • As I posted a few days ago, my truck is having some problems that I need to get fixed before I trade it in. I think it is the alternator. I opened the hood to see if it was something I could replace. Um... no. It is not. I am not interested in pulling the top of my engine off to get to it. Sometimes the mechanic is worth the money.
  • Today I wrote an analytic pivot query. I ROCK! (and am a nerd)
  • http://asktom.oracle.com might be the most useful site I have ever seen.
  • I think I spied my new neighbor that purchased the house across the street from me. She was getting in her car and waved as I was carrying the garbage out. Of course I was in old sweats and a wife-beater t-shirt. Great first impression.
  • I am out of cat food and am greatly concerned at what they might do tonight. I might be making them breakfast in the morning also.
  • Selling and buying a house around the same time moves a great deal of money in and out of your bank account in a very short period of time. I just found out that the escrow company is sending me a check for $400 that was left after closing. Yeah!
  • Today the Stardust closed its doors for good. Hotels come and go hear, but this made me a little sad. I stayed in a suite there the first time I ever came to Vegas.
I guess that's it. Hope all is well in your world!
--C

Comments