7 to 4... Not to be confused with the Chicago song of a similar sounding name.
Today is the first day of my new 7-4 schedule. I have switched from a 9-6 schedule to free up time in the evening so I may visit the gym. Here is what I have learned/noticed so far about the shift:
--C
Today is the first day of my new 7-4 schedule. I have switched from a 9-6 schedule to free up time in the evening so I may visit the gym. Here is what I have learned/noticed so far about the shift:
- The sun isn't up at 5am. If the sun isn't, I don't think I should be either.
- My cats seemed very confused to see me wondering the house so early.
- My commute time went from ~25 minutes to ~40 minutes. I think that it should be the other way around. If you are awake that damn early and headed to work, you should be rewarded with a shorter commute.
- You can look smugly at your co-workers who are lolly-gagging in at 8. (Not you R or R. Just the other people. :-)
- I forgot how nice/productive the quiet time is before the rest of the office gets to work.
- You have a chance to address any big problems that happened the night before prior to anyone else knowing about them. It is nice to have them "fixed" by the time others know there was a problem.
- People on the freeway are much bigger a-holes the earlier it is.
- Traveling through the Rainbow Curve with the sun just peaking over the mountains is dangerous. Don't attempt without sunglasses.
- Coffee is a much bigger deal the earlier/colder it is.
- It is MUCH colder two hours earlier. It may be time to keep the convertible roof UP in the morning.
--C
Comments