I mentioned in my last entry how I sometimes hate people. I also explained why I feel that way sometimes. Not too long after that post something else happened that made me just shake my head in amazement.
I have a house that I rent out up on the north side of town. This being my first rental property, it has been an eye opening experience. Fortunately I have someone else who manages the rental for me. Over the past couple of months I have dealt with requests by the renters for some crazy stuff. The rent is more than reasonable for this house, but I am constantly having to refuse requests to dump money into home improvements that are... well... just unreasonable. It is a rental property. You don't put in a four thousand dollar fridge with a tv in a rental property. Stuff like that.
Well... today I received a call from the City regarding a complaint on this property. Apparently the current renters decided to build a shed in the backyard without: 1) Asking permission from me 2) Getting approval from the HOA and 3) Getting a city permit. I am still in the process of figuring out what has to happen, but I am sure somehow I am going to end up being the bad guy here and the unreasonable landlord. Why as a renter, would they EVER think this was ok???
Sigh... I am sure there will be more on this boring subject in later blog posts. I apologize for that.
--C
I have a house that I rent out up on the north side of town. This being my first rental property, it has been an eye opening experience. Fortunately I have someone else who manages the rental for me. Over the past couple of months I have dealt with requests by the renters for some crazy stuff. The rent is more than reasonable for this house, but I am constantly having to refuse requests to dump money into home improvements that are... well... just unreasonable. It is a rental property. You don't put in a four thousand dollar fridge with a tv in a rental property. Stuff like that.
Well... today I received a call from the City regarding a complaint on this property. Apparently the current renters decided to build a shed in the backyard without: 1) Asking permission from me 2) Getting approval from the HOA and 3) Getting a city permit. I am still in the process of figuring out what has to happen, but I am sure somehow I am going to end up being the bad guy here and the unreasonable landlord. Why as a renter, would they EVER think this was ok???
Sigh... I am sure there will be more on this boring subject in later blog posts. I apologize for that.
--C
Comments