Good neighbors...

Wherever you move, whether it be in an apartment or into a new house. The people living next to you are beyond your control. You only hope that at worst they stay out of your way.

I had met the folks living next door to me when I moved in, but had not spent any time with them. At least not enough time to get to know them. Tonight I wandered next door because in order to submit my plans to the HOA for my backyard landscaping, I needed to get their signature. I walked over with the intention of just knocking on the door and asking. I didn't have a chance to ask before I was welcomed into their home. We had a chance to sit down and basically just get to know each other. They are a nice couple (about 10-15 years older than me) and their daughter (about 10 years younger than me). We talked about what we did... What brought us to Vegas... Where we are from... Just stuff. It was really nice. I guess I was there about an hour but it seemed like ten minutes.

As I walked home, signature in hand, I said a little thank you prayer that my new neighbors are from Georgia... Just like me.

--C

Comments

Anonymous said…
Chris,

I think its great that your neighbors will be there with you to help each other with Geogia losses.
Oob said…
I'm happy your neighbors are kindred spirits! And Mr./Mrs. Anonymous, I blow raspberries in your general direction. :)