Gettin' old...

Actually that should read "I learned something today. I am old."

Remember back to the days when you were 21? A forklift could fall on you and your body would only ache for an hour or so. You could drink the entire contents of a Jim Beam bottling plant with the hangover only lasting until noon the next day. You could be on your feet all day and maybe (just maybe) your feet might hurt a little if the shoes were of poor quality.

I remember those days... and I miss them.

With the exception of a few bad habits, I tend to think of myself as a relatively healthy person. (shut up) I don't have pain every day. I don't wake up and reach for the Advil. I don't have to wrap my knees up if I want to exercise. Just your average 32 year old.

That is until the last year or so. I have noticed some disturbing trends that... well... that I never thought would happen to me. Today was a shining example of one of these things. I noticed as I rolled out of bed this morning a rather odd pain in my lower back. Having just moved in about a week ago, many of my nights have been spent moving boxes around and stuff like that. As the morning progressed, the pain kept getting worse and worse. Around 10 this morning I decided a bath in the jacuzzi tub was in order. That helped for a little while, but the pain came back. It came back and spanked me for trying to get rid of it.

Today was a Sunday and I had stuff to get done, so I tried to ignore it and unpack my office like I had planned to. Around 7 tonight I made a special trip to the store of a heat pack and some ibuprofin. I sit here now with the heat pack on and the ibuprofin not even making a dent. As I was paying some bills, it occurred to be that I am old. Shit.

--C

Comments

Oob said…
I am only laughing with you, I promise... *snicker*

I hope your back pain goes away soon! ;)
Brett said…
Sucks don't it?
Russell said…
I was going to write a smartass comment but I think I just sprained my finger.
Chris said…
Oob: Bite me. And thanks. ;-)
Brett: Yes my friend it does.
Rusty: Funny.