As you all know, my Mom is in town to assist me with my super-long move all the way across town this week. Given that I have a lazy streak in me when it comes to the little things (see yesterday's post), I spend a great deal of time contemplating the most efficient way to accomplish some of my goals. I am not afraid of hard work, but I prefer to work smart if I am given the opportunity.
To that end, when I found out my moving date, I started consuming all of my food without replacing it. No point in moving food across town. Save a few boxes by finishing up all the stuff I have in the pantry or fridge and save the effort of having to pack it up. Some of my meals have been... "Interesting", but my reserves have been dwindling for several weeks. I have some condiments, some frozen dinners, and other odds and ends around the kitchen.
Around 4pm this afternoon Mom gave me a call to inform me that she would be making dinner so I didn't need to stop to pick anything up on the way home. For the life of me I had no clue what she was going to cook, but I am pretty sure she could make drywall taste good with a little effort. As I pulled up to the house I opened the garage door. There was Mom standing right by the door as it went up. Hands on her hips with a look that was just shy of wagging her finger in my face in condemnation. I decided not to get out of the car. Momma didn't raise no fool. I was just about to put the Mustang in reverse to get the hell out of there when I saw her say "Christopher...Connor...Hagood... Get your butt in here!". I say I saw it because I was in the car, but since that phrase was not uncommon during my unruly youth, I had no doubts what the words were.
As I collected my things from the car I said a silent prayer that this woman one-third my size would take mercy on me. She did, but I got an earful about why she was upset with me. Apparently I had left her at the house with no food but oatmeal and some bananas. Everything that she was pulling out to cook for dinner expired at least two years ago. I even had a jug of pineapple juice that expired in April of 2003. Lol... woops.
I took her out for dinner to make up for it. ;-) Now I need to go to the store before bed.
--C
To that end, when I found out my moving date, I started consuming all of my food without replacing it. No point in moving food across town. Save a few boxes by finishing up all the stuff I have in the pantry or fridge and save the effort of having to pack it up. Some of my meals have been... "Interesting", but my reserves have been dwindling for several weeks. I have some condiments, some frozen dinners, and other odds and ends around the kitchen.
Around 4pm this afternoon Mom gave me a call to inform me that she would be making dinner so I didn't need to stop to pick anything up on the way home. For the life of me I had no clue what she was going to cook, but I am pretty sure she could make drywall taste good with a little effort. As I pulled up to the house I opened the garage door. There was Mom standing right by the door as it went up. Hands on her hips with a look that was just shy of wagging her finger in my face in condemnation. I decided not to get out of the car. Momma didn't raise no fool. I was just about to put the Mustang in reverse to get the hell out of there when I saw her say "Christopher...Connor...Hagood... Get your butt in here!". I say I saw it because I was in the car, but since that phrase was not uncommon during my unruly youth, I had no doubts what the words were.
As I collected my things from the car I said a silent prayer that this woman one-third my size would take mercy on me. She did, but I got an earful about why she was upset with me. Apparently I had left her at the house with no food but oatmeal and some bananas. Everything that she was pulling out to cook for dinner expired at least two years ago. I even had a jug of pineapple juice that expired in April of 2003. Lol... woops.
I took her out for dinner to make up for it. ;-) Now I need to go to the store before bed.
--C
Comments
I bet when you're done moving you can concoct an excellent 'top ten' list. ;)