You are kidding?!?! No? Oh... sorry...

Today was one of those eventful-but-not-interesting days. It was littered with places I had to be and phone calls that insisted on coming all at the same time, and at the wrong time.

I got my first estimate on landscaping the backyard. It was $11,500. I am going to keep looking. If that turns out to be a fair price I don't know what I am going to do. I had budgeted about 4k (maybe 5) for doing that, and 11 just seems a little indulgent. It isn't even that big of a backyard. Maybe sleeping on it will help.

I had to make what should be my final trip down to the old casa de Hagood. My cleaning crew did an outstanding job. The movers that came back to fix the walls also did a great job. With the exception of the carpet, the house looked great. Since I was there to meet the carpet cleaners all is good. I paid and left him with instructions on how to lock up when he was finished. Figured there was nothing there to steal.

Made it home for my next appointment. A nap. I got to bed late last night and a little sleep was being demanded by my drooping eyelids. Made my first trip to the Sams here on my new side of town. Sams is pretty much Sams so that was not exciting in the least. Aaron and Mel came over so we could watch the Georgia game. We won, but the last couple of games are not inspiring any confidence for the rest of the season. I hope that the coach figures out where the offense has been hiding. Defense can't do it all.

A and M just left a little while ago. I had some grand plans to unpack some of the office. It ain't happenin'. Time for a quick email or two and then bed. I hope tomorrow proves to be a little more productive. At a minimum I need to pay some bills. ;-)

--C

Comments

Oob said…
That estimate seems way too high to me too, even though I've never owned my own patch of grass. ;) Hope you got a bit of rest!