Today was one of those days where the clock seemed to move extremely slow from the hours of 1pm until 6pm. I am pretty sure my office exists in some kind of time bubble where one minute of office time equals 20 minutes of real time. I guess it is because I was off for four days. These were not fun days off. They were spent on the sofa wishing my cold would either go away or kill me to get me out of the misery I was in. Since I am writing this, you know which way that went.
Brett got me thinking about time with a recent post of his and his explanation on why it seemed like we all had more time when we were younger. My recent observations are regarding much smaller amounts of time. Why is it that two hours in a movie is nothing, but two hours at the doctor's office seems like an eternity? Why is it that the five last hours at the office go ssoooooo ssssllllooooowwwww, but the five hours at home after work fly by like they are nothin'?
It would be logical to say that the difference in perception of time has a lot to do with what you are doing. If you are entertained, time goes by quicker. I really need to find a way to be entertained at work.
I don't really have anything profound to follow up with here. Just something I have been thinking about.
Ok... Bullet thoughts that don't warrant more than bullets:
Brett got me thinking about time with a recent post of his and his explanation on why it seemed like we all had more time when we were younger. My recent observations are regarding much smaller amounts of time. Why is it that two hours in a movie is nothing, but two hours at the doctor's office seems like an eternity? Why is it that the five last hours at the office go ssoooooo ssssllllooooowwwww, but the five hours at home after work fly by like they are nothin'?
It would be logical to say that the difference in perception of time has a lot to do with what you are doing. If you are entertained, time goes by quicker. I really need to find a way to be entertained at work.
I don't really have anything profound to follow up with here. Just something I have been thinking about.
Ok... Bullet thoughts that don't warrant more than bullets:
- As you can see from the photo in an earlier post, it looks like my granite is finally being installed. Appliances should be next. Maybe I will get to close before 9/15. Cross your fingers, toes, and whatever else you double jointed freaks can cross.
- Shopping online is fun, but you don't get that same instant gratification as buying something from the store.
- I bought some more funny t-shirts today.
- I have little patience with friends who don't update their blog as often as I think they should.
- I just watched SAW... I am deeply disturbed. Good movie.
- Kevin Smith was on as a guest host for Ebert and Roeper. I like him and I like his movies.
- I think the walk through of this house is going to be Wednesday.
- I bought too much lunch meat on Sunday. Now I am tired of eating sandwiches.
- Do cats like lunch meat?
- In the past 6 days I have packed one box. At this rate I will be ready to move at age 60.
- Most people need to be screened before they walk out of their house to make sure what they are wearing is appropriate for their body type. (Just for the record; if you are reading this then I am probably not talking about you)
- I wish I spoke another language, but I don't feel like learning one.
- I should probably quit smoking.
- I was cleaning out an antique desk tonight in order to get it ready for movers. I came across a bunch of stuff that was my Dad's. I miss my Dad.
- I am thinking about giving my cats sleeping pills at night. Is that wrong?
- People in Vegas have no idea how to drive.
- I fantasize about winning the lottery but I never buy a ticket. Does that make me crazy?
- I still need to buy a new fridge, washer, and dryer.
- If I have stuff that has been boxed up for over a month, do I really need it?
- Seeing my friend Rusty made me homesick for Athens and old friends.
- I wore new pants today. That was fun.
- When it is nap time, why can I fall asleep in minutes, but when the sun is down it takes almost an hour?
- My boy cat is giving my girl cat odd looks. I think it might be time to get them fixed... soon
- They need shots too.
- If you knew without a doubt that reincarnation was real and would happen to you.... would you be more likely to recycle?
- 'Ex'-factor dropped by tonight. I am happy I am single.
- Don't get me wrong... she is a great girl, but I am glad I am single. nuff said.
- I procrastinate. I was going to fix that as a New Year's resolution... maybe next year.
- I think the Beetles were high when they wrote the lyrics "Goo goo ga joob". I have spent some time thinking about this, and it is the only explanation I can come up with.
- I think I will drive the convertible to work tomorrow.
- This is definitely a random thoughts kinda post.
- It is a shame I am going to have to waste a lot of free return address labels when I move.
- Beer out of a champagne flute tastes oddly good.
- I should quit lending folks money. It rarely turns out well. (Again... if you are reading this, it isn't about you!)
- I finally know what Beer Pong is. Sounds like more work than it is worth.
- I am going to bed now.... goodnight
-C
Comments
I burst out laughing... mostly because I'm wondering if they're howlers or prowlers. My ex-roommate's cats parked their furry butts in my room and howled every night at 4am. Or pounced on my feet. I'm of the opinion that sleeping pills are the more humane route...
Beer Pong...it's not a good idea.