Tomorrow the moooovers come to give me an estimate. I don't look forward to hearing the final number. My wallet is all sweaty with anticipation too.
Got some "potential" good news today regarding moving out. Closing is still on schedule (sale of my house) for the 18th of this month, but apparently it is probably ok if I want to lease back the house until my new one is ready. 6 weeks =~ 5k. That is an educated guess, but probably close to the mark. How much money is it to move out and be homeless versus paying to stay? How do you put a price tag on making your life easier for a month and a half? Given that I am feeling like a weight has been lifted by knowing I can stay in my house until the new one is ready, I am guessing that the money is worth it.
Aaron came over tonight to help me pack. (good friend right there) We spent a good part of the evening retrieving boxes from my storage unit and building them while watching Inside the Actor's Studio. The guest was the cast of the Simpsons. If you ever have a chance to watch this epi, I highly recommend it. Now the living room is packed... Some of the kitchen. Guest bedroom 1 (of 3) and I have about 40 empty boxes ready for stuff. The house is a wreck and I am too tired to do anything about it.
The 48 Hour Film Project kicks off in less than 48 hours and I can tell the pressure is weighing on A's head. It is one thing to participate. It is a whole other thing to be in charge. I don't envy his responsibility. It will all be over before we realize it though. The only down side to participating in the festival is that everything is moving so fast that you don't have time to appreciate what you are participating in until it is over.
"Blog This" heads to town for a convention starting this weekend. I am really looking forward to hanging out with a few bottles of beer and remembering a time when things were a lot more simple and day to day life consisted of just getting through class so you could enjoy the rest of your day. Should be fun.
Time for bed. Goodnight all!
--C
Got some "potential" good news today regarding moving out. Closing is still on schedule (sale of my house) for the 18th of this month, but apparently it is probably ok if I want to lease back the house until my new one is ready. 6 weeks =~ 5k. That is an educated guess, but probably close to the mark. How much money is it to move out and be homeless versus paying to stay? How do you put a price tag on making your life easier for a month and a half? Given that I am feeling like a weight has been lifted by knowing I can stay in my house until the new one is ready, I am guessing that the money is worth it.
Aaron came over tonight to help me pack. (good friend right there) We spent a good part of the evening retrieving boxes from my storage unit and building them while watching Inside the Actor's Studio. The guest was the cast of the Simpsons. If you ever have a chance to watch this epi, I highly recommend it. Now the living room is packed... Some of the kitchen. Guest bedroom 1 (of 3) and I have about 40 empty boxes ready for stuff. The house is a wreck and I am too tired to do anything about it.
The 48 Hour Film Project kicks off in less than 48 hours and I can tell the pressure is weighing on A's head. It is one thing to participate. It is a whole other thing to be in charge. I don't envy his responsibility. It will all be over before we realize it though. The only down side to participating in the festival is that everything is moving so fast that you don't have time to appreciate what you are participating in until it is over.
"Blog This" heads to town for a convention starting this weekend. I am really looking forward to hanging out with a few bottles of beer and remembering a time when things were a lot more simple and day to day life consisted of just getting through class so you could enjoy the rest of your day. Should be fun.
Time for bed. Goodnight all!
--C
Comments