Productive day...

This is the first of what will probably be two posts today, but for most this is probably the more interesting of the two.

Earlier this week I tricked Aaron into agreeing to help me pack up my garage today. (Did that sentence made sense?) After a little swim/hot tub time last night he just came back over here to spend the night. We both agreed that this course of action was the most likely to result in our starting before 2 in the afternoon. We watched what might have the worst movie I have ever seen. or at lest the most odd from a cinematic standpoint. It was called U Turn and had surprisingly good cast. After we watched the first twenty minutes the decision was made to watch the rest in fast forward. This was a good choice.

This morning began with my cell phone alarm going off at 9 am. I don't know why, but for some reason, 9am on the weekend seems a lot earlier than 7am during the week. Research must be done on this. Side note: My cell phone alarm is the theme song from Family Ties. It makes me smile.

With Krispy Kreme and coffee running through our body, packing ensued. Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment. None of me... I was behind the camera.

Here is a pic of Aaron and his third leg. (Yes... sometimes we revert to being 12 years old. I think schmaltzing with s@r@h was playing on the iPod at the time so Br3tt was there in spirit.)




Next we have the state of the 67 Mustang when we began.




I have to change this emblem to read 302 at some point.




General goofiness




After a couple hours of packing, a highly anticipated moment was upon us. I parked the 67 back in December and have not touched it since then. I had poured blood, sweat, tears, and skin from my knuckles into this car and I had needed a break. So the car has been sitting for about 8 months getting no love. Didn't even try to start it. With the move looming less than a month away, it was time to see if I was going to be able to drive it to the new house or if I would have to tow it.

I retrieved my keys. Pulled off the air cleaner and sprayed some starter fluid in carb. Got in the car and gave her a try. She turned over. Good sign. The next try was met with a few sputters and then it ROARED to life. WOO-HOO!!!!!!!! I forgot how much I love the sound of a naturally aspirated 4 barrel 302 engine. It almost felt as good as the first time she started for me. Almost... If you want to hear what I am talking about, I have some little movies from when she first started. http://www.hagood.net/general_content/pictures/picture_detail.cfm?picture_id=178

We let her run for a while to make sure there we not going to be any heat issues. (Oh... and yes.. I did check all the fluids before the key went in the ignition.) 15 minutes of running with the temp right where it is meant to be said it was time for a ride. Pulled her out and off we went. Since my 05 Mustang is a stick shift (my first stick daily driver) I was now much MUCH better with a clutch. It drove like a dream. Left quite a bit of my tires all around the roads surrounding my neighborhood. Nice.

Took her home and put her back to bed. Finished our packing and headed out for lunch. Appliance shopping followed, but nothing was decided. Just got home and now I am about to go take a nap.

Good day...

--C

Comments

Oob said…
Hmm. Packing a garage isn't a feat I've ever had to tackle. Glad you had a bit of fun in the process and the 67 cooperated. ;)
Chris said…
Thanks oob. This might be one of the first time my 67 did cooperate.
Brett said…
Maybe I should try to get you some uptempo stuff.
georgiagirl said…
If I had a penis, a 67 mustang engine purring would make it hard.
Chris said…
Georgiagirl - if you had a penis, that statement would trouble me deeply.
Mac - Point taken. Good point.
Anonymous said…
You sound like a date rapist:

"Earlier this week I tricked Aaron into agreeing to help me pack up my garage today. [...] After a little swim/hot tub time last night he just came back over here to spend the night."