I feel better today. Far from 100%, but still I can tell I am on the road to recovery. That in spite of being woken up this morning by a phone call from the 'ex' factor.
Not much going on today. Just trying to rest. Aaron, Mel, and I did head up to check out my house. I didn't take the camera so no pictures this time. Sorry... I am thinking that I am going to not take any more pictures now until it is done. There just aren't that many changes that are photo-worthy.
I have toilets... air conditioning... garage door opener... doorbell... With the exception of the kitchen, all the counter tops are in as well as the sinks. Landscaping is still yet to be done in the front yard. What else... I guess that about covers the changes since my last visit.
We hung out there for quite a while discussing where all my furniture would go and the different things I could do with each room. It was fun, but it just makes me want to move in NOW much much more. Closing date is scheduled for 9/15, but I am still hopefull that it will come a little sooner. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
After visiting the house, we drove around the area a little seeing what is around. Pretty much everything you could want is withing a 5 mile radius. And I am only three miles from the cut off for Mt. Charelston. This means something to anybody who lives here... If you don't live in Vegas, just accept that it is pretty damn cool.
Had lunch at one of my Fav restaurants. Road Runner bar and grill. This is a chain and I was really happy to discover there is one close to the new house. It was different from the one down here, but enough is the same that I still like it. I have to say though, I prefer the waitress uniforms better down here. I won't say anything else on the subject.
Watched a couple of movies tonight while paying bills and waiting to get tired enough to go to bed. First... Fun with Dick and Jane. Cute movie, but nothing to write home about. Then I watched Saved!. As an educated adult, I feel guilty about enjoying this movie as much as I did. The plot was pure formula. The characters are ones we have seen a thousand times before. I can't say why I liked it, but I did. I guess I will chalk it up to guilty pleasure.
I tried to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but I could only make it about 20 minutes into the movie until I had completely lost interest. I will give it a go one more time, but if things don't change I am just going to ship it back to Netflix.
Guess that is all for now... Goodnight.
--C
Not much going on today. Just trying to rest. Aaron, Mel, and I did head up to check out my house. I didn't take the camera so no pictures this time. Sorry... I am thinking that I am going to not take any more pictures now until it is done. There just aren't that many changes that are photo-worthy.
I have toilets... air conditioning... garage door opener... doorbell... With the exception of the kitchen, all the counter tops are in as well as the sinks. Landscaping is still yet to be done in the front yard. What else... I guess that about covers the changes since my last visit.
We hung out there for quite a while discussing where all my furniture would go and the different things I could do with each room. It was fun, but it just makes me want to move in NOW much much more. Closing date is scheduled for 9/15, but I am still hopefull that it will come a little sooner. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
After visiting the house, we drove around the area a little seeing what is around. Pretty much everything you could want is withing a 5 mile radius. And I am only three miles from the cut off for Mt. Charelston. This means something to anybody who lives here... If you don't live in Vegas, just accept that it is pretty damn cool.
Had lunch at one of my Fav restaurants. Road Runner bar and grill. This is a chain and I was really happy to discover there is one close to the new house. It was different from the one down here, but enough is the same that I still like it. I have to say though, I prefer the waitress uniforms better down here. I won't say anything else on the subject.
Watched a couple of movies tonight while paying bills and waiting to get tired enough to go to bed. First... Fun with Dick and Jane. Cute movie, but nothing to write home about. Then I watched Saved!. As an educated adult, I feel guilty about enjoying this movie as much as I did. The plot was pure formula. The characters are ones we have seen a thousand times before. I can't say why I liked it, but I did. I guess I will chalk it up to guilty pleasure.
I tried to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but I could only make it about 20 minutes into the movie until I had completely lost interest. I will give it a go one more time, but if things don't change I am just going to ship it back to Netflix.
Guess that is all for now... Goodnight.
--C
Comments