Greetings to you humble readers of my blog. The title of this entry describes pretty much how I felt all day, not necessarily right now.
If you read what I guess is four or five posts down the page you know that yesterday I was feeling a little funky. And not in the Disco kinda way. Disco = Good Funky. I don't care what you say.
Today was pretty much the complete other side of the coin. While the alarm made it feel as if the hours of sleep were too few, my mood seemed to be up almost immediately. Not real sure why. Nothing significantly different from yesterday. Little closer to the weekend and UGA's first victory. Other than that... yeah... I got nothing.
Regardless, it was a good day. I found myself in just a goofy mood all day. The most simple things were making me smile, and an email or two from a fellow blogger sent me over the edge into giggles. Working in cube land, I keep any noise I make to a minimum; but today some of my laughs could not be contained. Apparently my mood was infectious because by the end of the day pretty much everybody seemed up in spirits. What can I say?... good day.... good day....
For the rest of this entry, I shall resort to bullets because I do not feel like being serious enough to write full sentences. This is in evidenced by the preceding paragraphs.
And so it begins....
If you read what I guess is four or five posts down the page you know that yesterday I was feeling a little funky. And not in the Disco kinda way. Disco = Good Funky. I don't care what you say.
Today was pretty much the complete other side of the coin. While the alarm made it feel as if the hours of sleep were too few, my mood seemed to be up almost immediately. Not real sure why. Nothing significantly different from yesterday. Little closer to the weekend and UGA's first victory. Other than that... yeah... I got nothing.
Regardless, it was a good day. I found myself in just a goofy mood all day. The most simple things were making me smile, and an email or two from a fellow blogger sent me over the edge into giggles. Working in cube land, I keep any noise I make to a minimum; but today some of my laughs could not be contained. Apparently my mood was infectious because by the end of the day pretty much everybody seemed up in spirits. What can I say?... good day.... good day....
For the rest of this entry, I shall resort to bullets because I do not feel like being serious enough to write full sentences. This is in evidenced by the preceding paragraphs.
And so it begins....
- RRRAWR! - You know... If you don't, go to the next bullet. If you don't know... you really don't know. Just trust me here. Why are you still reading this line. I said move on!
- see above... j/k
- If you find yourself at double the speed limit on the highway... that's bad, right?
- Never listen to the song "Afternoon Delight" unless you wish to break out into song for days to come. With me now... "Sky rockets in flight...."
- I am a new Steely Dan fan. How was I ignorant to this for so long?
- Mythbusters might be one of my favorite shows.
- In spite of wallowing in some self pity from time to time, I have it pretty good. I need to remember that.
- UGA football season is finally almost here. Go DAWGS!
- In spite of everybody saying you can't change, if you want; it is possible to change major aspects of who you are for the better.
- I am feeling a very strong pull to Athens this year. It may not be for homecoming, but I foresee an Athens/Atlanta trip in my future.
- I am glad that fire ants are not the norm in Vegas.
- My iPod Nano might be one of the best purchases I have made in the past year.
- I confirmed today that sometimes people "DO" call you when they think you won't be there and won't answer. BUSTED!
- Conversations with strangers can help you know yourself better than before the conversation.
- People will laugh at you funny if you have a song like "Milkshake" blasting as you pull into a parking lot.
- Road construction will ALWAYS do the following: Follow you every time you discover a new way home.
- I finally made a vet appointment for the kittens. Shhh! I am not telling them.
- The kittens are named Willow and Spike. (Yes... I am a Buffy fan)
- One of my cyber-friends I have never met in person had a baby today. (grin for k)
- Men and women really are different. I knew this already, but it is one of those things I am reminded of from time to time.
- When/If I ever have children, I want their names to be palindromes.
- Shouldn't the word palindrome be a palindrome? Missed an opportunity there didn't we?
- Apparently I just "know" what mammogram machine looks like. Not sure how I feel about this.
- Today I discovered that I can carry the following in a grocery store without the aid of a cart or basket: 12 pack of diet coke, two oranges, pre-chopped bell peppers and onions, bag of cheese, 6 pack of flavo water, Vitamin C, cat food, and the new issue of Mustangs and Fast Fords I just "HAD" to have.
- The more I use spell-check, the worser my spelling gets.
- Sometimes I hate people. Sometimes I don't.
- My new address is even longer to type than my current one... sigh.... Next move is going to be to somewhere like 123 Main St.
- I have co-workers that were born in the 80's. ouch
- I can't remember the last time I actually cut myself shaving. Probably will be tomorrow.
- When I do a bullet-blog, my mind goes very odd places.
- Oceans 12 is not nearly as interesting as Oceans 11.
- I used to live near the Oceans 11 casino. Not nearly as cool as you think.
- Where I live, you can play slot machines in the grocery store. After living here for over four years, I am yet to drop a quarter in one.
- I need to use my camera more often.
- I need to learn how to really use my camera.
- I was looking around on an t-shirt web site and found a t-shirt with the Pillsboughry Dough Boy on it. Is said "White flower!" I thought that was really funny. Does that make me a bad person?
- Another: 999 - Evil doing a hand-stand... lol
- If you stop to smell the roses, watch out for bees.
- I want my cake, *and* I want to eat it! Shoot me.
- I already feel guilty for my little boy cat. Sorry Spike.
- I dread my first prostrate exam. I need to find a more petite doctor.
- Remember when Red Lobster was a fancy restaurant you got dressed up for? No? Just me then...
- Politics preys on fear. I hate politicians. Generally speaking.
- For some reason, Thursday has become my official "Go get gas" night.
- Ever wish you were the guy/gal who invented sliced bread? Was there a patent for that.
- I am thinking about going to see James Brown in concert. Still undecided.
- This time next month, I will be blogging from my new house.
- If I had my choice of careers to pick over again, I would be a fireman in a little town.
- It drives me nuts when people walk down the center of an isle in a parking lot when you are behind them. If you honk, *you* are the a-hole.
- I wish I had a picture of me every day since I was born. That would be cool.
- School here started yesterday. Co-workers were telling me about their children's first day of school. Ah... if life were that simple again.
- Yep... that's it. Goodnight!
Comments
* Go Dawgs!
* iPods are evil. I only say that because I don't own one.
* You, "Milkshake"? LMAO
* Did you cut yourself shaving today?
And their like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge"
Yeah... I went there.