Darkness enters and my eyes struggle to stay open. My body begs for rest, but my mind won't let go until I finish things that cannot be left undone. With tremendous will power, I stumble towards the computer to do what I have to... an entry in my blog. (wind howls and a dog sings to the moon)
Wouldn't that be funny if that was your inner monologue? With that movie voice over guy... oo... or Vincent Price! That would be cool. It would be kinda like on the Family Guy where Peter gets his own theme music. Wouldn't it be funny to have a narrator and theme music in your head all day as you go about your life? Hm... maybe I will explore that further some day.
Once again I am sitting at my computer with a weekend behind me as I wonder where all the time went. I had soooo many things I wanted to do this weekend. I didn't even pack a single box. I carried two empty boxes upstairs, but I don't think that counts. When the maids come tomorrow chances are they will just carry them back downstairs and put them away. I feel like I am stuck in a "Sisyphus" scenario and I have to break free. Maybe if I pack the boxes the maids will carry the full ones downstairs for me. Better not do that or I will come home to a messy house again. Keep the maids happy. Always a good idea.
On Friday evening I met some folks at Firefly for some drinks and food. The atmosphere was awesome, but the service left a lot to be desired. My guess is that they just did not have enough servers for the amount of people they let in. Very trendy place and not pretentious at same time. That is a hard mark to hit. I will probably go back.
Saturday was spent running some errands and then a little trip up to the new house. No pictures, but things are looking good. Appliances are in and I was able to confirm that the granite counter top has also been installed. Just touch up work and toilet seats are left. For the life of me I don't know why they would install the toilets and lids, but not the seat. Maybe that was an option I missed and never paid for. Wouldn't surprise me. It is almost time to start shopping for a fridge, washer, and dryer. I am leaving my current ones here.
Today was a day that just flew by. I didn't manage to work up the drive to even make it out of the house until 11:30 this morning. Would have probably been even later, but I was meeting some friends at Hash House a Go Go for a late lunch. We didn't have to wait and the food was incredible, but again... the service was not the best. Not sure why it is so damn hard to find good service in this town. You would think Vegas of all places would know how to teach that. Apparently that is not the case.
With a little extra money from the sale of this house burning a hole in my pocket I went shopping for some new clothes. Maybe it was the big lunch... maybe it was just not right, but in any case I just didn't have it in me today for a big shopping spree. I bought four shirts and some dress pants and then I was done. Came home. Watched some golf. Slept.
Since then I have paid some bills and that really is about it. Exciting huh? Having been on the go or sick for the past several weeks, I think I just needed a lazy weekend. A lazy weekend is what I had. Tomorrow... packing. Oh yeah... and work also. (grin)
--C
Wouldn't that be funny if that was your inner monologue? With that movie voice over guy... oo... or Vincent Price! That would be cool. It would be kinda like on the Family Guy where Peter gets his own theme music. Wouldn't it be funny to have a narrator and theme music in your head all day as you go about your life? Hm... maybe I will explore that further some day.
Once again I am sitting at my computer with a weekend behind me as I wonder where all the time went. I had soooo many things I wanted to do this weekend. I didn't even pack a single box. I carried two empty boxes upstairs, but I don't think that counts. When the maids come tomorrow chances are they will just carry them back downstairs and put them away. I feel like I am stuck in a "Sisyphus" scenario and I have to break free. Maybe if I pack the boxes the maids will carry the full ones downstairs for me. Better not do that or I will come home to a messy house again. Keep the maids happy. Always a good idea.
On Friday evening I met some folks at Firefly for some drinks and food. The atmosphere was awesome, but the service left a lot to be desired. My guess is that they just did not have enough servers for the amount of people they let in. Very trendy place and not pretentious at same time. That is a hard mark to hit. I will probably go back.
Saturday was spent running some errands and then a little trip up to the new house. No pictures, but things are looking good. Appliances are in and I was able to confirm that the granite counter top has also been installed. Just touch up work and toilet seats are left. For the life of me I don't know why they would install the toilets and lids, but not the seat. Maybe that was an option I missed and never paid for. Wouldn't surprise me. It is almost time to start shopping for a fridge, washer, and dryer. I am leaving my current ones here.
Today was a day that just flew by. I didn't manage to work up the drive to even make it out of the house until 11:30 this morning. Would have probably been even later, but I was meeting some friends at Hash House a Go Go for a late lunch. We didn't have to wait and the food was incredible, but again... the service was not the best. Not sure why it is so damn hard to find good service in this town. You would think Vegas of all places would know how to teach that. Apparently that is not the case.
With a little extra money from the sale of this house burning a hole in my pocket I went shopping for some new clothes. Maybe it was the big lunch... maybe it was just not right, but in any case I just didn't have it in me today for a big shopping spree. I bought four shirts and some dress pants and then I was done. Came home. Watched some golf. Slept.
Since then I have paid some bills and that really is about it. Exciting huh? Having been on the go or sick for the past several weeks, I think I just needed a lazy weekend. A lazy weekend is what I had. Tomorrow... packing. Oh yeah... and work also. (grin)
--C
Comments