48 Hours is over...

Tonight was the screening of our film... along with all the others involved in the weekend. There were 11 total in our group and ours was last. After spending 4 hours at the doctor's office this morning and then the rest of the day on my sofa I did not feel like attending the screening tonight. I am glad I went, but I wish I felt better so I could have enjoyed it more.

I am very proud of Aaron. Having known him for 13 years now, tonight was a good night for him. He (with more than a little help from Mel) took our team through a grueling weekend of filming and turned out an outstanding 7 minute movie. I am proud to have been a part of it. Once I have recovered a bit and check with him to make sure it is ok, I will find a way to post it on YouTube or something like that. I will let you know when it is done.

Much like last year, watching stories unfold on the screen and knowing what went into them was a very surreal experience. Knowing your face is going to be 30 feet tall only adds to odd feelings. As each film begins I find myself wanting it to be good, but hoping it is not at the same time. I want people to feel proud of what they have done, but I want to win. I still have not figured out how to resolve this. Again... like last year there were good films, there were not so good films, and there was even one that made me go "huh?" Awesome effects, filming, editing, but unfortunately devoid of any story that I could see.

My team from last year ended up with what I consider the hardest genre. Horror. Since I am friends with people on that team, I know the troubles they had to endure to make their film and get it in on time. I don't think it was the best film of the night, but I would definitely put it in the good category. I even jumped a little at one point. Kudos Amy and Paul.

Then it came time for our film. My palms were a little sweaty and I was trying to keep an eye on reactions from the people around me without them realizing it. When Ron turned to me and asked "What?" I figured my subterfuge was not successful. The whole weekend rolled through my mind as I watched our story told on the big screen. God I love that feeling. We did good. We got some laughs... Even better we got some laughs where we were trying to get them. It was a good night. As it ended, all the filmmakers took the time to congratulate each other. While I am now nursing a cold that was, I am sure, brought on in part by the lack of sleep last weekend; I can't help but look forward to next year.

--C

Comments